Thursday, November 4, 2010

Sky Blue Handbag Reviews

Last month I blogged about an order that I made with the Taiwanese auction store Sky Blue. After a month and a half the handbags finally arrived. Two out of the eight bags were not shipped because of some hardware issues. I was really looking forward to that white handbag but I guess it couldn’t be helped.

Here is my overall review of the bags and their customer service:

Order Placed: 9/22/10
Order Received: 11/03/10
Shipping Method: USPS Priority International
Shipping Time: 6 days including Saturday and Sunday
Shipping Cost: $35 (roughly $6 per bag)

I know some of you might be thinking that that’s a long time between the order date and the received date but Sky Blue gives you the option of waiting for all your items to be in stock before they send it (this is what I chose) or just send you the items that are in stock.

I thought the customer service was great – didn’t have any problem with it. All questions and/or concerns are done through emails and it took them about a day to reply back to emails (which is great compared to others). I do not read or speak Chinese so I would always email them English in which I would receive a reply back in Chinese. I would just use Babel Fish or Google Translate to translate their emails or ask the boyfriend (who is Taiwanese) to translate. Even though there was that language barrier they were still able to understand every questions that I asked – it seemed like they have someone working there who understands English.

Shipping Packaging
:The handbags were shipped inside a plastic bag which was wrapped in a tan colored paper. I was kind of surprised at the shipping materials. I mean I didn’t mind it that much but it would have been nice if they wrapped the handbags more than just once using that tan colored paper. The good thing was that they taped every inch of it!

Individual Packaging:I was very impressed with the individual packaging. Most of the bags came in this little pink envelope/bag. On the pink side it had the name of the store and on the other side it was transparent so you can see which handbag is inside. The handbags that didn’t come inside a pink bag were inside the typical plastic bag but each of those bag had a dust bag (Yes, you read it right! They provided a dust bag for those bags which amazed me!).

Bag #1Store Link: http://tw.page.bid.yahoo.com/tw/auction/b58374832?u=bigi0107000

Rating: 9/10
Comments: This bag looked exactly like the stock picture, which amazed me since most products from Asian based stores do not look anything like their stock picture. It feels sturdy and the material is great. The only bad thing I would say is that there were some scuffs on the hardware otherwise there’s not much bad thing I can say about this bag. I absolutely love it!

Additional Pictures:
Bag #2Store Link: http://tw.page.bid.yahoo.com/tw/auction/f19325754?u=bigi0107000

Rating: 8/10
Comments: I’m indifferent about this bag. It kind of look like the stock picture and kind of don’t at the same time. Again, the hardware had scuffs and some marks on the outside (which was easily taken care of with water). I wish the bag was just a little bigger but I’m in love with the inside of this bag. It has this cute flower fabric lining and there are two side pockets with zippers!

Additional Pictures:
Bag #3Store Link: http://tw.page.bid.yahoo.com/tw/auction/c54074656?u=bigi0107000

Rating: 8/10
Comments: This bag was the one I anticipated the most because I really like it. It looks exactly like the stock picture and is nicely put together. There’s no loose thread or anything. However, I have one complaint about this bag. On the inside by the corners they did not line that part with a piece of fabric -- everything side is lined but those corners. It’ll be nice if the whole inside was lined with a fabric. Otherwise there were scuffs on the hardware as well on this bag.

Additional Pictures:

Bag #4Store Link: http://tw.page.bid.yahoo.com/tw/auction/1212438473?u=bigi0107000

Rating: 9/10
Comments: I really like this bag. It’s sturdy and looks a lot like the stock picture with the exception of the size – it’s a little bit smaller. Again, the scuffs on the hardware and the hardware on the strap looked a little flimsy but other than that it’s great!

Additional Pictures:
Bag #5Store Link: http://tw.page.bid.yahoo.com/tw/auction/f19733148?u=bigi0107000

Rating: 8/10
Comments: I love this bag. It’s so cute! It’s a replica of Mulberry’s Alexa handbag. This bag is very sturdy and roomy. Some things I didn’t like were that the strap on the front falls further down than the magnetic circle thingy. Because of that the bag looks a little funny. I do not like how the shoulder straps are in two parts (put together by a buckle). I would have preferred if it was just one long strap. The last thing I didn’t like about this bag was that the handle strap was faking off (please look at the picture for bag #6). However, I do like the fact that the hardware was not as scuffed as the other bags.

Additional Pictures:
Bag #6Store Link: http://tw.page.bid.yahoo.com/tw/auction/f19733148?u=bigi0107000

Rating: 9/10
Comments: Like the last bag I really love this one as well. The strap in the front did not fall past the magnetic circle thingy like the last one. The shoulder strap and handle strap are exactly the same as the black one though.

Additional Pictures:
Overall, I really like the bags that I received. They were in good quality and definitely worth the long wait. I would definitely order from Sky Blue again.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean! I'm usually very impatient about waiting for things to come in the mail but for some reason I was able to patiently wait for these items.....

    ReplyDelete