Saturday, January 28, 2012

[Review] Milani Baked Blushes in Corallina & Berry Amore

I've always heard great things about Milani cosmetics but the only thing I've tried were the nail polishes. During Cyber Monday last November they had a 50% off and free shipping promotion so I decided to take advantage of that. My true motive was to get the eyeliner but I thought it would be pretty worthless of the sale if I didn't get more so I picked up Corallina and Berry Amore as well.

I love these blushes. They are really pigmented so the color payoff is great. I find that a little goes a long way. They stay on for a very long time. I can go the whole day without ever reapplying. I like that they're finely milled so they're easily blendable too. They give a nice warm finish but I dislike the shimmer sometimes -- Corallina has more shimmer than Berry Amore. It's not overpowering like NARS Orgasm but it can be a little too much at times.

Overall, they're great blushes and inexpensive too. At retail they cost $8 each but I know that CVS is always having BOGO 50% off so you can get them for less.

Berry Amore
Corallina
L to R: Berry Amore, Corallina

4 comments:

  1. Nice swatches! They look gorgeous! I love blushes, but I'm trying to use the three I have before getting more haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I completely understand! I was in a blush craze the latter part of 2011 so I ended up buying more than I need. Not sure how I'm going to finish them all when I haven't even finish the ones I have. =(

      Delete
  2. Kind of mad but kind of glad I skipped out on these blushes during Milani's 50% off sale. The shimmer factor still pushes me away but each time I see the colors I cry inside. If only they came in matte formulas too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If anything Berry Amore looks better than Corallina. You have to be really light when applying Corallina otherwise you'll have a patch of shimmer on your face. LOL! I get turned off by the shimmers in blushes and well...everything too.

      Delete