Thursday, February 16, 2012

[Review] Innisfree Nail Polish

A couple of months back I bought a bunch Innisfree nail polishes. I've been meaning to post this review for a while but I haven't had the time so when I was asked by a follower a couple of days ago I thought it was about time (sorry for taking so long, Cindy!). 

The nail polishes cost about $2-3 USD each at retail price but much more if you're getting them from eBay or something. They're really nice nail polishes. I have no problem with them chipping. They are definitely worth it but they do take a while to dry. I'm not sure about you guys but I hate waiting for my nails to dry so I don't use these nearly at much. They also don't have those metal balls that you usually see in your nail polish. I kind of wish they did because those metal balls (at least from what I know) are to help with the consistency of your nail polish.

I'm sure all of these polishes have names but since I can't read Korean I'll just list them by their numbers. Also, out of the 12 polishes that I have number 49 is my favorite and my least favorite is number 43 -- the big hexagon glitter is really hard out.

No. 10, 17, 28, 33

No. 37, 42, 43, 44

No. 49, 57, 59, 60 

43 on top of 10 & 42 on top of 17

14 comments:

  1. Thanks for the review and swatches Mallory, I've been wanting to try this brand and have looked them up on ebay for mostly $9 a bottle.

    The glitters look nice in the last swatch but I saw an ad for a new collection of their glitter polishes in the soompi thread you started and oh they are very tempting, I may resort to ebay to buy some if I see them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, Che. It's very pricey online especially on eBay. If you can you should ask someone to send you some directly either from Korea or from places that have Innisfree. I know you visited the Philippines and I want to say they have an Innisfree store there too but I'm not completely sure.

      Delete
    2. They're currently on sale at G-Market for 1,750 won each. There's a Korea service website that one of the co-mod of Soompi use called Pinkbox? I just messaged them about an estimate price and if you use the small package shipping it'll be about $22.90 USD for all five colors which is almost $5 each -- a lot better than paying $9 per bottle. The only downsize is that since it's that shipping method it'll take 2-12 weeks (or so they say). However, I was just recently mailed a package from Korea using that method and I got it within a week and a half and I'm from the midwest.

      Delete
    3. Ohh thanks for the heads up, I might just have to do that. I really don't mind the wait time.

      Ah if only I knew of the brand before I traveled, I probably have went crazy looking for this store. I have to keep it on my "go to" list the next time I visit.

      Delete
  2. Are you going to get the new Innisfree polishes coming out? Their glitters are so spread out, I love that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love to get them but they're so overpriced everywhere and the seller on G-Market doesn't offer international shipping. I'm probably going to have to wait until my sister's friend go back to Korea to get them. I mean I guess I'm not in a rush either since they're not limited editions.

      Delete
  3. Ooh, so pretty! Hopefully I can get some when I go to Korea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, you should! When are you going back to Korea?

      Delete
    2. I think over the summer.

      Delete
    3. Will Michael be going with you again? You must stop by the Nfu-oh shop again!

      Delete
  4. Thanks for posting these! The glitter ones are so pretty! Now I'm even more tempted to buy them haha..

    ReplyDelete
  5. These swatches are beautiful! Too bad they don't have the little balls and they don't dry as quickly...still really pretty colors though. How big are the bottles? They look really cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Here's a comparison picture of one bottle next to an Essie bottle. It's quite small. http://i42.tinypic.com/jg0fah.png

      Delete