Wednesday, February 29, 2012

[Sponsored Review] Caolion Sensitive No BB Cream It's Real Blemish Balm

Caolion is a Korean brand that's relatively on the high end side compared to Etude House which is more drug store. The first three letter of Caolion stands for "Culture Association Originality" and they pride themselves on their natural ingredients while aiming for the best skin care.


The packaging on this product is really interesting and adorable!

The bottom part is filled with tissue paper. 

Inside the tissue paper are two sponge applicators (shaped like a heart) and the bb cream. The bb cream comes in a squeeze bottle.

Pull the tissue paper out and you'll find instructions on how to use the product and other information about it.

The bottom with the ingredients and the date it was made.

My first impression of this product was literally, "OMG! It stinks!" It has this very strong citrus smell that's been mixed in with herbs. The box says the product is not formulated with any fragrance but it does contain citrus fruit oil so maybe that's where the strong citrus smell is coming from.

Since I wasn't so thrilled about the smell I barely used it the first couple of days. I gave it to my sister to and she kept telling me how much she liked it so I decided to give it another try. In terms of coverage it's sheer to medium coverage with a dewy-to-matte finish. In comparison with the bb creams you see out in the Asian market today it's more of a tinted moisturizer but it's not really a tinted moisturizer in itself too because the formula is thicker and I don't find it as moisturizing.

Speaking of it being thick, I do find it to be much thicker than my other bb creams too (especially my Holika Holika bb creams). It's so thick in texture that that only way to blend the product on your face is by using a sponge. I tried using a brush and my fingers and it just didn't work. You really need a sponge applicator for this product. Nevertheless, once it's been blended it feels really lightweight.

Caolion claims that this products helps with covering troubled skin, blemish, and redness but because the coverage is a little sheer it really didn't do that for me. I can still see some of the redness on my face showing as well as some blemish.

It comes in only one color and it's much lighter than my actual skin tone that when I do have it on I appear whiter in complexion. I mean I guess I do notice that it blends in with my skin tone too but there's still that whitish glow it gives off.

It didn't work for me the way I wanted it to but my sister is completely in love with it so I can't really say that it's a bad product either. I think if you have a fair complexion and is not looking for something that'll give you a full coverage this will probably work for you. Since Caolion is on the higher end this product is pricey retailing at around $40-50 USD (or $48.99 on Wish Trend) for a 30ml bottle.


This product was sent for review purposes from. Wish Trend is a website aim at providing all the latest Korean "trends" to people all over the world. They are based in Korea. 

They recently started this thing called "Wish Box" which is kind of like Birchbox and MyGlam but not really at the same time. For $29.99 (plus $9 shipping), you receive this pouch filled with 3-5 full size beauty product from Etude House, Nature Republic, Skin Food, Missha, Tony Moly, Ciracle, etc. They tell you exactly how many products you'll be receiving and from which brand. The only thing that remains anonymous is the name of the actual product from those brands.

Click here for more details on the Wish Box. 


Disclosure: This product was sent for review purposes but everything is of my complete honest opinion. I am not being compensated for this. 

6 comments:

  1. Hmm never heard of Caolion til now!
    Wish Box seems a bit expensive but come to think about it, there isn't any other subscription or "box" program that is dedicated to all Korean brands and at full size nonetheless. I wonder how big they're gonna get in a few months time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I don't think I knew much about it before this review either. I heard that it's sold at the Sephora in Korea though. And that's true about the Wish Box. It is expensive but at the same time there's really nothing out there that offers only Korean cosmetics.

      Delete
  2. The WishBox seems most interesting to me with all those boxes out there.
    Thanks for the review :).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh this is cool :) The blemish balm seems like a nice product!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a nice product but just wasn't for me. =(

      Delete